Thursday, November 24, 2011

Things I (David) am thankful for

It's a few days before Thanksgiving and since we are not going to have internet access over Thanksgiving I thought I'd schedule a post to go out.

I'm thankful for Jamie. She is so good to me. She keeps me organized and on top of things. Many days she is the reason that I put up with the projects and papers and drama at work. She makes me believe in myself. She helps me to laugh and let loose. I love her, I could write a whole book about that, but I'm going to move on.

I'm grateful for parents and in-laws. My parents are so fantastic. I love hearing from them. I'm excited that soon I will see them again. They support us in so many ways; it is great. I also am grateful for Jamie's family. It has been really nice to have family close while I'm at school. We have fun together. Don teaches me all sorts of things that I'd never know (like how to thread a fishhook and how to drive a boat). Karen makes me think about the community that I live in. She inspires me to be more involved.

I'm grateful for siblings.

I'm grateful for a good job where Jamie and I can work together.

I'm grateful for school, even though right now I am probably more grateful that it is almost over.

I'm grateful that I know where I'm going. I may not know the details specifically, but I'm grateful that I constantly receive confirmation that I'm going into a fascinating, increasingly important field.

I'm grateful for goldfish.

I'm grateful for friends who we have fun with, who we can talk to about troubles that we, as newly married BYU students, face on a daily basis. It's great to know that someone else feels the same way.

I'm grateful for my mission and all of the friends I made there. I miss you guys.

I'm grateful for warm beds on cold nights.

I'm grateful for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment