Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mashtini/Mocktail Party

Jamie turned 21 last week so we decided that we needed to let loose and have a mashtini party. However, after running errands all day long we realized that we had one hour to prepare all of this stuff. That meant chopping peppers, green onions, chives; cooking chicken; and cooking, mashing, and warming nearly 10 pounds of potatoes. It was a feat to say the least.


It would not have been possible without Delilah, our apple peeler, corer, slicer. She was wonderful in so many ways. I'll even forgive her for the small cuts that she gave me all over the back of my hand. Added bonus, we got to discover what Potato Slinkies look like. :) After boiling the taters (they cook quickly when sliced that thin) we threw them in the Kitchen-Aid, mashed them, and threw in our Darth Vader-esque Crock-Pot. (Our rice cooker also looks like a Storm Trooper, in case you were wondering). 


We did it! About the time that everyone started to show up we filled the last bowl with bacon and the party began. However, then we realized that we used all of our spoons in the serving dishes and didn't have any left for the mashtinis. (After shuffling the utensils around we were able to scrounge up enough spoons for everyone.) 


Now the moment you've been waiting for. The answer to the age old question, what the heck is a mashtini?


Tada! Look at how beautiful that is. It's a perfect mix of mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon, ham, chives, green onions, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't quite remember what it was, but it was good. Really good. I mean, really really good. Trust me. So good that even though I had three mashtinis I'm craving another one right now. Yum. Too bad we didn't have any leftovers. 

3 comments:

  1. hahaha LOVE this idea! So much that I might have to throw a mashtini party very soon! Also Happy Birthday to Jaime!

    But what kind of mocktail drink did you serve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got our mixes here... kind of.

    http://www.squidoo.com/mocktail

    Honestly though I'd just go with a mix and 7-Up and some juices. Good stuff! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm!! This was such a fun party. I loved the chives so much that I want to grow my own herb garden now! Hope you had a special day Jamie!

    ReplyDelete